Welcome to Year 2
Mrs HillYear 2 Teacher and Key Stage 1 Leader
Mrs ArmstrongYear 2 Teacher
Mrs RamsdenTeaching Assistant
Miss RossApprentice Teaching Assistant
Mrs NewtonClass Teacher
Miss BorleyClass Teacher
Please click here to view the welcome booklet for Year Two 2019.
Learning Challenge Curriculum
Which Ilkley would you rather live in? Having developed an understanding of our place in the world and where we are on the map, we will be continuing our topic, comparing our local area with Ilkley in Queensland, Australia. As well as exploring the different geographical features in Australia, we will be considering the impact we have on the environment and how we can help protect our planet. We will be thinking about:
- What is the Great Barrier Reef?
- What is the climate like in Ilkley, Australia?
- How are the two landscapes different?
- Which animals would you find living in the wild in Australia?
- Can I create Australian Aboriginal dot art?
Science What is our school made of? Year 2 will be identifying and comparing a range of everyday materials. They will explore how materials can be changed and will choose which materials are suited to a specific purpose. They will ask:
- What are the different parts of the school made of and why?
- How do materials change when we change the temperature?
- What if we were going to knock our school down and rebuild it, what jobs would we need to do, what materials would we use? Would it look different to our existing school?
For the long term plan of the curriculum, please click here.
Please click here to view some activities you may wish to do at home to help your child learn their times tables.Calling all volunteers!
Last year the children enjoyed and greatly benefited from numerous parent volunteers who supported our curriculum themes, reading and invaluable school trips. This is a real strength of our school, and one which we are very keen to continue! Please do get in touch if you think you can help in any way.
Year Two SATs
For the Evening Presentation 2020, please see here.